The week of 16-19 May 2016 was an important week for girls and women throughout the world with the hosting Women Deliver's 4th Global Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was also a milestone for our Motherhood Projects which incorporate the Alliance for Maternal Health Equality (AMHE), Safe Motherhood Week (SMW) and the Pregnancy and Medicine Initiative (PMI).
We are looking for a passionate senior PHP developer
Are you a developer with at least 5 years of experience? Do you want to use your skills to combat social challenges? If you answered yes, you might want to become part of The Synergist team.
We are currently looking for an outstanding PHP Developer with at least 5 years of experience, The ideal candidate will be open-minded, creative, agile and focused on results, enthusiast and driven by a strong team spirit and a passion for learning new technologies and improving his/ hers skill set.
You will be accountable for:
- developing digital tools for societal change (like this one);
- building and maintaining custom built, cutting edge applications (Symfony 2);
- writing clean code that is clear and understandable by others;
- contributing to project specifications and estimations;
- contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle;
- developing internal and external Web projects, based on our marketing department specification notes;
- 5+ years of experience;
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture and relational database design;
- You should have a strong understanding of software architecture with opinions on "the right way" to do things. When is the right time to use inheritance? Polymorphism? Immutability?
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform issues;
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Node.js);
- Comfortable working with the Agile methodology;
What's In It for You:
- The opportunity to work for global organizations partnering with strategic for and not-for-profit players to address societal needs (like patient engagement, epidemics management, women's health);
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse and fun team that works every day to develop innovative and efficient programs aimed at solving challenges which others ignore or have been unable to resolve;
- The chance to constantly develop and refine new skills as The Synergist develops new partnerships and innovative ideas.
About the Synergist
The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing societal need for collaboration by building partnerships to accelerate societal impact.
The Synergist acts as an independent, neutral backbone and incubator bringing together the right people, organizations, and institutions together to focus on solving societal issues both personally and with technology tools.
We currently run 5 programs (Patient Focused Medicines Development, Break Dengue, Safe Motherhood Week, Alliance for Maternal Health Equality, Pregnancy and Medicine Initiative) with 2 new programs launching soon .