We are looking for a Communication Coordinator
About The Synergist
The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing need to collectively face societal issues by addressing broken or inefficient systems and accelerating societal (co-)impact.
With globalization, the digital age, and increased mobility, we now have collectively more knowledge, capability, and capacity to solve the world’s most challenging social issues than ever before. But complex issues can’t be solved in isolation. The sheer number, variety, and interests of stakeholders on any given issue make it difficult to focus everyone’s expertise and resources on a shared goal.
The Synergist is an independent, neutral backbone and incubator for societal issues. It brings together the right people, organizations, and institutions to focus on solving societal issues both personally and with technology tools. We foster an organized and collaborative environment that enables collective impact by co-defining a shared vision, goals, and strategies with members; bringing on board relevant partners; establishing and maintaining a transparent and balanced governance structure; coordinating and driving activities and bringing to life concrete projects and solutions that have been shaped with and complemented by members.
The Synergist is a globally focused organization based in Brussels, Belgium, with a team based in several countries.
2020 annual report: https://www.thesynergist.org/annual-report-2020
The Communication team is responsible for driving integrated communications about the societal issues the Synergist contributes to. It includes media communications, issue management, corporate and social responsibility, information dissemination and strategic communications advice. The team is a key partner of program management creating and managing the environment for collective platforms and co-creation of solutions to address complex societal issues. Reporting to the Communication Manager, you support the production and delivery of appropriate communication and engagement strategies for every step of the programs development, you will make recommendations and help deliver appropriate communication tactics to continuously demonstrate progress and tangible results at every stage of the programs delivery, whilst using innovative marketing techniques to build program credibility and legitimacy.
The Synergist offers candidates the opportunity to work in a purpose driven, fast-paced, demanding yet rewarding environment. As a Communication coordinator, you have a unique opportunity to contribute to programs that solve the world’s most pressing societal issues using an innovative and groundbreaking approach, engaging with the world’s foremost thought leaders, and experts from across the nonprofit and for-profit sectors internationally. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the continuous growth and development of the communication department, where motivated and proactive members are able to continuously shape and advance their career and skills. The Synergist is the leader in this new field of collaborative leadership for collective impact and you will have the opportunity to grow alongside the organization, develop and deploy the full spectrum of strategic communication.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of communication strategies across various projects
- Drives communications in a digital age with situational supervision, including supporting the communications team in preparing and implementing global strategies
- Makes recommendations for appropriate content marketing tactics and drafts impactful marketing collaterals that fit business and project needs
- Drives engaging organic social media tactics, proposes new engagement approaches and helps create an active social community around The Synergist programs
- Researches communication trends, decides on appropriate placement of ads and interprets performance reports to design efficient digital marketing strategies to iteratively improve digital marketing campaigns ROI.
- Implements email marketing campaigns
- Consistently applies an agile, growth hacking approach for all communications activities to deliver constant improvements and value in increments
- Adopts a Synergist mindset, aspiring to deliver excellence with an agile, collaborative, positive, proactive attitude.The successful candidate will be expected to:
- aspire to deliver, and most of the time succeed in delivering, best-in-class communication activities, including but not limited to in-bound marketing tactics, digital campaigns, storytelling, social media activation
- have an educational background equivalent to at least a Bachelor’s degree coupled with minimum 2 years of working experience, OR 3-5 years of working experience in a quickly changing environment
- have previous experience researching and influencing key issues online via blogs, social media and website content
- display an excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- have experience executing paid social media campaigns
- have experience with using Google Analytics, and web content management systems (WordPress)
- have the ability to brief, assess, manage and refine a communications campaign to achieve high performance and conversions (preferred)
- be stimulated by challenges and have a positive, proactive, can-do problem-solving mindset
- Be detail-oriented, very well organized, and at ease with balancing many conflicting priorities at once
- Be curious and open-minded, open to new ideas, concepts and people
- Agile and able to play with many projects and tasks at the same time
- Manage pressure during peak periods of the year
- Be accountable
- Experience in working with or as part of public affairs or equivalent teams
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Knowledge of video editing
- EU working permit
What's In It for You:
- The opportunity to work for global organization partnering with strategic for and not-for-profit players to address societal needs (like patient engagement, personalized medicine, women's health, etc);
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse and fun team that works every day to develop innovative and efficient programs aimed at solving challenges which others ignore or have been unable to resolve;
- The opportunity to use your creative energy in an autonomous environment where we always look innovative and new ideas that can continuously improve how we do things;
- The chance to constantly develop and refine new skills as The Synergist develops new partnerships and innovative ideas.
Please send your application (including your CV) in English to email@example.com.