About The Synergist The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing need to…
We are looking for an IT Architect
Use the potential of networks, AI and machine learning at the service of societal causes and innovative projects at The Synergist and the JobsinNetwork.com
Reporting to the Operations Director, the IT Architect is responsible for the operational success of the IT architecture and developments (including existing and new software), and for maintaining this operational success in a sustainable way and in compliance with the Synergist’s vision, values, and business strategy. As the day-to-day lead and interface of both the projects and the outsourced IT team, the IT Architect is accountable for driving the overall technical strategy to support business objectives, managing the outsourcing partners, and ensuring the best possible deliverables and results for The Synergist programs and the JobsinNetwork.com technical infrastructure.
As a member of The Synergist, you will need to be adept at managing tensions between various stakeholders, and be able to turn these tensions into assets for the Synergist and for the programs.
We offer candidates the opportunity to work in a young, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, demanding yet very rewarding environment. We have a unique opportunity to drive programs that solve the world’s most pressing societal issues using an innovative and groundbreaking approach, interfacing and collaborating with world’s foremost thought leaders, experts, and executives from across the nonprofit and for-profit sectors internationally. The Synergist is the leader in this new field of collaborative leadership for collective impact and you will have the opportunity to grow alongside the organization.
IT Architect responsibility includes:
After the introduction and training, these will be your key responsibilities :
1. IT Program Strategic Management
- Understand the business strategy and shape the future IT strategy moving forward together with top management
- IT as an agile service to business - identify internal and external clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Articulate an IT action plan and planning
- Partner with all team members to guide and support on all digital aspects
- Make the best of potential (new) technology to keep the Synergist and JobsinNetwork.com ahead of their game
2. IT Program Operational Management
- Operate in an agile and short iterative model
- Taking stock and management of the existing technical infrastructures and operate them
- Articulate an IT action plan and planning to implement the IT strategy
- Create the project charters and the corresponding briefings to be afterwards implemented by IT Development team
- Controlling projects from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Operate within the planned schedule and allocated budget
3. IT Capacity & Talent Development
- Manage the internal resources and outsourcing partner
- Develop a diverse IT partner network and capacity to grow
- Monitor relevant trends and develop the internal and external capacity accordingly
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Always think, plan and design having in mind the Synergist vision and values
- Keep a good balance between strategic, operational and capacity activities according to short and long term needs
- Have a profound knowledge of a wide scope of IT technology systems and concepts. Preferably have several years of experience as a system engineer, implementing IT infrastructure in an international environment
- Provide adequate situational leadership
- Have strong analytical and synthesizing skills
- Be a good communicator and be able to have conversations on different levels
- Have excellent knowledge of English, written and oral
- Preferably have a relevant master degree
What's In It for You:
- The opportunity to work for global organizations partnering with strategic for and not-for-profit players to address societal needs (like patient engagement, epidemics management, women's health, rare diseases etc);
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, very diverse and fun team that works every day to develop innovative and efficient programs aimed at solving challenges which others ignore or have been unable to resolve;
- The chance to constantly develop and refine new skills as The Synergist develops new partnerships and innovative ideas.
About The Synergist
The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing need to collectively face societal issues by addressing broken or inefficient systems and accelerating societal (co-)impact.
With globalization, the digital age and increased mobility, we now have collectively more knowledge, capability, and capacity to solve the world’s most challenging social issues than ever before. But complex issues can’t be solved in isolation. The sheer number, variety, and interests of stakeholders on any given issue makes it difficult to focus everyone’s expertise and resources on a shared goal.
The Synergist is an independent, neutral backbone and incubator bringing together the right people, organizations, and institutions to focus on solving societal issues both personally and with technology tools. We foster an organized and collaborative environment that enables collective impact by: co-defining a shared vision, goals, and strategies with members; bringing on board new partners; establishing and maintaining a transparent and balanced governance structure; coordinating all activity and bringing to life concrete projects and solutions that have been shaped with and complemented by members.
The Synergist is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Digital key aspects:
Synapse: Synapse uses a backend technology stack: PHP7, Symfony 4, Mysql, Redis, RabbitMQ, HTML5 and ElasticSearch. For the frontend, Synapse uses VueJs, a progressive framework for building user interfaces. Application code is written in PHP.
eBarometer: an actionable, predictive tool to follow up diseases, based on AI / Machine Learning /Deep Learning / APIs to integrate various data sources
Websites: different websites for our initiatives based on WordPress
Immunization Profile Management
Usual working suite including CRM, marketing automation and Google tools.
The project started in 2007 with the launch of our first 2 job sites - JobsinBrussels.com and JobsinCopenhagen.com. At the time we found it really hard to access the right information and job opportunities beyond your own borders. JobsinNetwork’s concept was born. Today, we have created an international network made up of more than 100 individual city portals for major European cities and around the world. We define ourselves as a niche network of job boards for high qualified calibre professionals and focus our energy to gather the best job opportunities for English speaking professionals.
The architect is responsible for the platform’s sustainability and will work with the team on each new move from reflection and brainstorming to implementation. To continue to make its mark, the Network will need the right person to help shape and grow the platform through new features & developments, and capacity to deliver on business needs in a short to market response time. In this context, we are looking for a solution minded teammate. The Office is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Are you a developer with at least 5 years of experience? Do you want to…