The Synergist Creative Commons*
1. About the re-use of The Synergist material and the Creative Commons License
We license all information on www.thesynergist.org, www.patientfocusedmedicine.org, www.breakdengue.org, www.pregnancyandmedicine.org, www.maternalhealthalliance.eu, www.safemotherhoodweek.org, www.fromtestingtotargetedtreatments.org, www.pemsuite.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
1.1. What am I allowed to do with the The Synergist material?
By licensing our work with the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license it means that you may:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
1.2. It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- give appropriate credit (see example statements below), you must provide the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright notice, a license notice, a disclaimer notice, and a link to the material
- provide a link to the original CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- indicate if you modified the materialand retain an indication of previous modifications
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same licenseas the original (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You can do this in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that PFMD endorses you or your use.
1.3. You may not:
- Use the licensed material for commercial purposes. Commercial use means primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage, payment or monetary compensation, which would be a violation of the license. (Three examples of commercial and non-commercial use are given below)
The above is an easy to read summary of the license, but does not substitute the legal text which is available to read and for download at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode
The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material. You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
2. How to give appropriate credit; example statements:
Appropriate credit in the case of using PFMD content where you have not changed anything:
“Collaborative Patient Engagement: Mapping the Global Landscape” by PFMD is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Appropriate credit in the case of using The Synergist and you have changed something:
“My Mapping of the Collaborative Patient Engagement” is a derivative of “Collaborative Patient Engagement: Mapping the Global Landscape” by PFMD used under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. “My Mapping of the Collaborative Patient Engagement” is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by M. X
3. Non-commercial and commercial use
Creative Commons defines non-commercial use as – “not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation. For purposes of this Public License, the exchange of the Licensed Material for other material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights by digital file-sharing or similar means is Non-Commercial provided there is no payment of monetary compensation in connection with the exchange.”
Please contact email@example.com to discover your options, we will respond within 14 working days.
4. Unsure? Still have questions?
If you are unsure if your use is classed as non-commercial or within the permissions of the license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 14 working days. In case of assumed commercial use, the The Synergist may suggest a solution, e.g. decide upon a release on a royalty basis.
*“The Synergist Creative Commons” is a derivative of “Creative Commons” by EUPATI Consortium used under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. “The Synergist Creative Commons” is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by The Synergist