Design and deliver digital platforms, use the potential of networks, AI, and machine learning at…
We are looking for a Program Manager
About The Synergist
The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing need to collectively face societal issues by addressing broken or inefficient systems and accelerating societal (co-)impact.
With globalization, the digital age, and increased mobility, we now have collectively more knowledge, capability, and capacity to solve the world’s most challenging social issues than ever before. But complex issues can’t be solved in isolation. The sheer number, variety, and interests of stakeholders on any given issue make it difficult to focus everyone’s expertise and resources on a shared goal.
The Synergist is an independent, neutral backbone and incubator bringing together the right people, organizations, and institutions to focus on solving societal issues both personally and with technology tools. We foster an organized and collaborative environment that enables collective impact by: co-defining a shared vision, goals and strategies with members; bringing on board new partners; establishing and maintaining a transparent and balanced governance structure; coordinating all activity and bringing to life concrete projects and solutions that have been shaped with and complemented by members.
The Synergist is based in Brussels, Belgium.
2020 annual report: https://www.thesynergist.org/annual-report-2020
Reporting to the Synergist Programs Director, the Program Manager is responsible for the operational success of one or more initiatives for The Synergist. As the day-to-day lead and external face of the initiative(s), they are accountable for driving the overall strategy, managing and growing the membership base, satisfying our stakeholders, and ensuring the best possible deliverables and results for the program.
As a member of The Synergist, you will need to be adept at managing tensions between various stakeholders, and be able to turn these tensions into assets for The Synergist and for your program(s).
The Synergist offers candidates the opportunity to work in a young, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, demanding yet very rewarding environment. Program Managers have a unique opportunity to drive programs that solve the world’s most pressing societal issues using an innovative and groundbreaking approach, interfacing and collaborating with the world’s foremost thought leaders, experts, and executives from across the nonprofit and for-profit sectors internationally. The Synergist is the leader in this new field of collaborative leadership for collective impact and you will have the opportunity to grow alongside the organization.
- Develops and implements an operational plan that supports the strategic objectives of the program through an agile, co-creation approach.
- Aspires to deliver, and most of the time succeeds in delivering, the very best-in-class deliverables and results for the programs.
- Ensures his or her programs are efficiently run, taking into account resources available and expectations of the board and key stakeholders.
- Develops an excellent grasp of the subject matter and acts as an informed value-adding participant with a seat at the table.
- Defines governance & protocols and constantly looks for ways to strengthen the governance of the program. Nurtures relationships with members, partners, and advisors.
- Maintains a positive team working atmosphere, so Synergist team members, partners, and stakeholders enthusiastically invest their own time and resources in the project.
- Creates an environment that makes the team perform at its best. The team works in an efficient, organized, and agile manner, enabling the best outcomes.
- Manages the funding of the organization according to the approved budget and monitors the cash flow and bookkeeping. Develops and leads a fundraising plan to develop the program and ensure sustainable growth.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major partners/stakeholders.
- Assesses the impact of the organization’s activities through feedback and measurement.
Build awareness of the issue
- Acts as spokesperson and representative for the initiative(s).
- Increases awareness of the program(s) and support for its activities among key audiences.
- Enhances availability of information related to the program(s).
Be a Synergist
- Develops the Synergist collective impact and co-creation methodology and agility through program activities.
- Looks for and maximizes synergies and connections between people, projects, and tools.
- Manages tensions and interacts with others in a way that always fosters a positive, productive team atmosphere.
- Supports CEO and management in business development opportunities at the Group level.
- Ensures transparency and maintains high ethical standards, ensuring all applicable regulations are implemented.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have 4-8 years of professional experience in programs management, stakeholder engagement, and business development in strategic consulting, ideally within the health sector.
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of shared value initiatives.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and excellent communication skills
- Have experience working in an international work environment.
- Be stimulated by challenges and have a positive, proactive, can-do problem-solving mindset.
- Have strong leadership skills with the ability to bring others on board to foster a high performing team environment.
- Be well organized and at ease with balancing many conflicting priorities at once.
- Be curious and open-minded, open to new ideas, concepts, and people.
- Have excellent academic credentials: MBA degree, MD, Ph.D., or similar
What's In It for You:
- The opportunity to work for global organizations partnering with strategic for and not-for-profit players to address societal needs (like patient engagement, precision medicine, epidemics management, women's health, rare diseases etc);
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse, and fun team that works every day to develop innovative and efficient programs aimed at solving challenges that others ignore or have been unable to resolve;
- The chance to constantly develop and refine new skills as The Synergist develops new partnerships and innovative ideas.
Send your application to email@example.com.